Sunday, May 3, 2009

Reflections: week 13 & 14




~Hey Guys~

These 2 weeks were awesome....

Week 11:
We were able to get out of the classroom and to the outdoors this week to learn the ways of the wilderness..which was AMAZING!! I enjoy anytime outside, and this was really cool to me because I remember learning my navigation skills as a Girl Scout, but other than that I'd be screwed in a forest. So that was really cool to get the opportunity to venture in the wild, and learn a little insight into navigation through such.

Week 12:
Ok, so ever since Dr. V. brought on the topic of "Stuff", I find myself looking at things around me differently.... Like.."what else could that box/glass container be used for?"...and..."Reusing this object in this way would help the environment in _______ way".... I have to say, I am pretty dang stooked to have this new mindset. It seems as if this whole semester has really been quite an eye-opening experience for me in this respect, and this last week was no exception. I love this whole concept. Thanks Dr. V.!!!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, and are prime and ready for the home-stretch. FINALLY!!!! Take care....see you in class!!!

4 comments:

  1. oh Sam. I am glad you are having such a blast with the re-purposing and junking techniques. I am not very creative, so this hasn't been a problem for me. But I think that it is great that you are going to start making such a difference through your new found hobby. I agree that this class has been extremely eye opening. I look forward to what we will be learning next. Good luck on these next two weeks. See ya in class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great that you are re-purposing and I am glad that this class opened a new mindset for you. It's definitely been a great learning experience for me as well. Keep working hard and good luck with the rest of the semester!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha yeah I would say that Dr. V has brainwashed me into looking at everything else in a different way. Trying to turn things on its side, upsides down and any other way I can to see what I could make out of it. I'm glad to know girl scouts have prepared you for any wilderness adventure you may encounter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sam I agree being able to get out into the wilderness was awesome! I learned how to use a compass as a girl scout to but I probably would have been lost without that refresher course at bagley~good luck the rest of your semester

    ReplyDelete