Monday, May 4, 2009

Advocacy Project: Healthy Kids :)


~Hello Everyone!~

Health in general is an issue that I am very passionate about and really do my best to be such. I really hope someday to be in the position to help others achieve their greatest human potential, and for them to find it from a base of treating themselves respectfully and with gratitude. This is why I chose this topic for my advocacy project focus: Healthy Kids.

As you all know, the issue of overweight children is more prominent now than ever before in history. And more so, if this generation does not learn to behave differently, they will only continue to slide furthur and further down the wrong path. I feel, as a future health educator, knowledge as well as action of what it means to lead a healthy life must be a focus as they get older.

So, I found this great site that has lots of great info and an interactive quiz made just for kids and targets this growing issue. Here are some helpful websites I found that give more information if your interested in reading. Enjoy!!

Quiz

Facts about heart disease and children
Overweight in children
Fun recipes for kids

~I hope you are all doing well, see you tomorrow!!~

4 comments:

  1. Hey Sam! That was a very informative quiz. Provided some good information after you get a question right. The best thing I learned is that my heart beats up to 100,000 times a day! Holy cow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam I really had fun with your quiz! Most of the questions were obviously too easy for us health educators, but I think that this quiz would be wonderful for children. I loved that after each question you got some more information on each question, and if you got a question wrong, that you were able to go back and try again. I think that it is really important for children to get a second try. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked the quiz, once I started I just kept going. Great discovery!!. I can see you are really passionate about your issue. Thanks for the links, and great job on your project. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute quiz Sam! I actually got one worng haha but it was informative and I think kids would have fun with this but learning at the same time...Good Find!

    ReplyDelete